When Lou Reed recorded his classic(ish) album Growing Up in Public, he was in a transitional state between what he used to be and what he was to become. Anikto finds itself in that very exciting position today, and the future is looking bright.
Leading this optimism is the result of several client engagements spanning a variety of interesting projects, from providing emergency e-services for business travelers to redesigning hospital medical record. Meanwhile, Aisle Won continues to grow with new pilot launches and further refinement of the initial prototype.
What all of these projects have in common is a quality that is critical to Anikto’s core mission: the use of technology to remove barriers separating people from fundamental human needs. Another component of that mission is advocacy, evidenced by the increased number of public appearances in recent months.
- In June, Anikto was featured as part of the MossRehab “Living With Disabilities” podcast series.
- In July, Anikto took part in the World Future Society conference to discuss the future of healthcare as it relates to patients with disabilities.
- Also in July, Anikto opened the proceedings at the Designing Enabling Economies & Policies conference in Toronto. Many thanks to the great folks at Ontario College of Art and Design for providing such a great venue.
- In September, Anikto was interviewed by CBC Radio One for “The Current” on the topic of emerging technology, people with disabilities, and how are bodies interface with computers. You can hear the live broadcast on the CBC Radio website.
- Anikto also added to its list of peer-reviewed publications by inclusion in the fifth volume of the World Future Review.
- In 2014, things kick off with participation in the ConveyUX conference in Seattle. Following that are two confirmed presentations at next year’s SXSW: a lightning talk on food deserts, and a panel discussion on accessibility and innovation in today’s schools.
We’re very excited to have participated in the following activities during the latter half of 2013. Our new mission is to bring digital accessibility to the health IT space, from personal health records to piloting new medical devices in US hospitals. Also, stay tuned for a big announcement regarding a bold new direction for Anikto as we move toward a banner 2014!